View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: autoimmune mess!

Hashimoto's and psoriatic arthritis can cause a positive ANA. The TPOab indicate Hashimoto's. Your symptoms could be in line with Hashi's even though your thyroid levels may be stable, and could indicate an active period that just requires monitoring. I am not sure if they are in line with the PA. All that being said, you could have an overlap AI disease or or one developing and the ANA titre and pattern, as well as the secondary tests usually run with the autoimmune screenings can aid your Dr in seeing what is going on. You can also check the stickies on the lupus board for more info about lupus symptoms as well as the arthritis board for info on PA and it's development. Did you have any more specific questions? Are you in a PA flare? Do you have a malar rash or any specific shape or type of rash? I always get the "itchies" when I flare, lol.