View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
(female)

ljt77 HB Userljt77 HB Userljt77 HB Userljt77 HB User
3 weeks plus one day post PTTD - splint off, stitches out!

Today marks three weeks plus one day from my surgery. Yesterday I went to have my splint removed and now I am in a boot. I had x-rays and got the stitches out, which was extremely painful!! I was sweating and swearing up a storm!!

I am in the boot now, and my doctor basically said I can take it off whenever I am not moving around much. It feels so different from the splint, and it will take some time for my body to adjust to the lower weight and height of the boot. NWB still for 5 weeks though I can rest the foot on the floor when in the boot if I need to for balance as long as I don't shift my center of gravity on to it at all.

As much as I hated the splint and couldn't wait to get it off, losing the protection is a little scary. I put an air cast on last night to sleep in (doc said I could if it was making me nervous without it) but I ended up taking it off in the middle of the night.

My incisions look good, a little dried blood and bruising still but healing. All in all I would say my heel is the most painful, not surprisingly. Being able to take the boot off helps with that.

It felt so amazing this morning to wash and shave my leg, though the shower pretty much sapped my energy already.

This is quite a journey...