View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User
Flying Overseas After Brostrom

Hey guys! I am flying overseas next week and it will be a 9 hour flight followed by a couple hours layover and then another 2.5 hour flight. On the way back it's 2.5 hours and 10 hours. I tend to swell some anyway from high blood pressure even though I get up and walk around a pretty good bit and I do ankle pumps (well on previous trips I did) too. My question is have any of you been on long flights after recent ankle surgery where you're still in the swelling and pain phase? If so, what did you do (if anything) to keep it from swelling on the plane. I'm thinking of wrapping an ACE on it or using a compression sock, maybe using one of those instant ice packs if they're allowed in my carry-on (but I don't think they are), or bringing my own ziplocks and asking flight attendants for ice. Any tips for that and anything else to make these flights anymore comfortable? This a long time to be that swollen and in pain! Thanks!!