View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User
Re: Flying Overseas After Brostrom

Yeah I had mentioned bringing my own ziplocks and asking the flight attendant for ice in my post so Im glad you think it's a good idea too, or at least not a strange one! I know I can't be the first person to fly overseas with a newly repaired ankle that still swells and hurts. I thought about the instant ones too, but I'm just about 100% certain that will not work with security. But I can put a couple of them and a small gel pack to put in the freezer and use over there. Today I found a REALLY cool product and I'm hoping it works. It's a cooling wrap! It's a blue ACE looking 3" wrap that self sticks and automatically cools-no need for freezer. It's reusable too and you have to store it in its resealable bag. I thought that might be good for compression and cold without the hassle or mess? I would use it on the plane and still use a gel pack in the apt all week. I have to figure out something because just a half day on my ankle in the brace produced a grapefruit on my ankle again and my PT had to spend extra time ding retrograde massage to get enough of it out that I could do my stretches and exercises! So painful!