View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
(male)

Leo255 HB UserLeo255 HB User
Have a pain on the side of my torso/chest

I've been having this pain for about a week. It's located on the side of my chest - Not in the front, but on the side, 4-5 inches down from my armpits. It feels like a dull pain, and is off and on. The dull pain feels like it sometimes encompasses the entire left side of my torso (again, nothing in the front of chest, just side). During the pain, my breathing and pulse both seem normal.

On a related note, I had some scares as far as chest pain about 3-4 weeks ago. I could tell that it was definitely not heartburn, but I didn't go to the hospital because I didn't have any of the related symptoms (i.e. Nausea, arm/jaw pain) that go along with heart problems. I'm not sure, but I believe that it was about 1-2 weeks, and I was slightly relieved when I found that pressing the center of my chest provoked the pain, so I figured it was skeletal, and could definitively rule out anything heart-related.

Because I have chronic sinus/nasal and GERD problems, my family pretty much just tells me the same thing every time, saying that it will get better, and that I'm just thinking about it too much (i.e. "cry wolf"). Would appreciate if anyone ever had this...Again, the pain is very specific: it's on the left side of my chest, 4-5 inches below my armpit.

Last edited by Leo255; 06-16-2012 at 10:03 PM.