View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Need Advice about Jobs

Because of back issues I found a sit down job the best. However, like JaneWhite said, it did cause neck and shoulder pain. When my sit down job went to standing for 8 to 9 hours, it was rough. However the standing job had variety and I liked that. The kind of job I always liked was where you took care of something right then and there and it was over. I hated those secretary office jobs where you always had something hanging over your head the next day, projects you had to continue to work on. Sales jobs were always the same, pressure to make your quota. I liked answer and transfer phone jobs and front desk hotel jobs where you checked them in and out and no problems. Except for the occasional complainer and then you kept them happy by giving them free food or something. Some hotel jobs have sitting and standing combined. Anyway, I'm retired now, so can't really say what kind of jobs are out there.

Glojer