View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: diagnosed with biliary dyskinesia... surgery necessary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine910 View Post
I'm confused and I just wanted to see if anyone out there was in a similar situation and could offer any advice...I had a HIDA scan and there was no ejection, 0%. It also said bile reflux. One doctor told me I should have my GB removed asap, as it could be dangerous to leave it in, it could rupture and cause septicemia. Then a surgeon told me it was NOT dangerous to leave it in, but that I should have it removed so I can eat normally again.

I'm not experiencing pain or nausea, only mild pain when I eat something heavy. I have strictly limited my diet, though, and I'm not able to eat a lot of "regular" foods, like pizza, lasagna, anything with meat/cheese.
I guess I'm worried because I'm young (31) and I don't want to take it out and then have worse symptoms, like diarrhea, pain, etc, or if it won't even solve the problem.
I'm leaning towards just having it removed because I'm tired of always having to be so careful with what I eat, and also worried about the possibility of having it rupture. I don't even know how likely that is, but it sounds dangerous and I don't want to take any chances.
Any thoughts?
Thanks for reading...
You may not feel a lot of pain now, but as time goes on, it can get worse and worse. This happened to me. It took doctors 2 years to figure out that my gallbladder was non-functioning. By then I was so sick, I lost 13 pounds and had absolutely no appetite whatsoever... It is an easy surgery and although I had to watch my diet afterward, I got through it and I am the biggest chicken in the world! I do not regret having the surgery at all and it has been 1 1/2 years; I've not felt better! Good luck!