View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: diagnosed with biliary dyskinesia... surgery necessary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundragon2012 View Post
Me too, in the same situation. HIDA 3%. Do not have much pain. A few times of stomach ache in Jan. Have not had any pain since. My symptoms are gas and gas trapped in chest area with difficulty to have a good breath. Lots of burping. Feel better with my breathing after burp. My diet usually is not heavy. But can not eat certain food which makes air trapping in the chest worse. No any kind of beans, cabbage, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, and corn. If I eat above, I will feel like want to go to ER for difficulty having a good breath.
One GI doc said remove gallbladder, one GI said my symptoms are not related to my 3% gallbladder functioning. Put me on PPI which only help my reflux feeling but not the air/ pressure feeling to my chest. Often feeling air at my throat too. One surgeon told me to remove it and the other surgeon told me ok to remove gallbladder as it is not working but my symptoms are not going to go away. I am tired being sick and can not eat normal. Lost 5 lbs. Ironically I am a GI nurse. Researched and it is a split decision 50-50. Very frustrated and tired about suffering and thinking about it everyday. Hoping someone there with similar symptoms and have success story with their treatment. About to go to the 3rd GI and will take the advise whatever is!!!

I can really empathize with you! I suffered with horrid gas pains in my chest, back, excessive belching, bloating and it took doctors 2 years to diagnose my non-functioning gallbaldder(10% ef) By then I was so sick, I couldn't eat anything, lost 13 pounds and I was thin to begin with. I went to the ER twice with chest and back pains and was misdiagnosed with GERD, put on PPI's; gasteroparesis medication, esophogitis, had to have a colonoscopy/EGD; you name it, I took meds for it and nothing worked until I had the ultrasound and HIDA scan. As with you, the surgeon could not make any guarantees; I got the same 50/50 chance of improvement odds that you did. And mind you, I was absolutely terrified to have the surgery, you hear such horror stories, but I am here to tell you that I do not regret my surgery one bit and it's been 1 1/2 years. find a good surgeon and get your life back again. Good luck to you and let us know how you are doing.

The Following User Says Thank You to rufous57 For This Useful Post:
fundragon2012 (06-19-2012)