View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Interpreting allergy skin testing

The last time I had allergy testing the levels were 1-4, with 4 being the worst alelrgic reaction. I was a 3 or 4 on all allergens for which i was tested...including a 4 on cats.
I happened to have a cat at the time - and I still have him! He's 17 now. Anyway, the doctor, looking at my scores and my information sheet, asked if the cat could stay out of the bedroom. I told him I had a 10 x 13 color portrait of the cat, made at a pet photography studio. He said it looked like the cat wasn't leaving the bedroom and we needed to figure out how to make that bearable! Needless to say, he's my favorite doc!
And yes, I went on the shots eventually because the meds stopped working (and we tried many combinations) and the cat ain't leaving - till he crosses over the rainbow bridge. He even sleeps in the bed with me - and he's long-haired...