View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: Rant: Useless paid help

All, In a way I agree with Suzy. In the end, the home care service 12 hours to 24 hours is expensive - much more than the NH. The NH covers lodge, food, caregiving, activities and laundry and etc. A private home needs to pay the caregivers salaries which is almost more than the NH AND also the groceries, electricity, water, gardening, cleaning,...
The management of caregivers is also a headache. The caregivers come and go and they want to have a day off here and there... Some are experienced and some are naughty... We ended up with 4-5 caregivers and it was much more expensive than a NH. A good caregiver usually has CNA and is more expensive.

We were also more long-distanced so it was not economic and convenient.

Economically it is better in a NH. If it is just a short time staying at home like home hospice, it is OK.
I know you don't want to have a NH and now this bad NH kicked her off and so she has bad record. I suggest that you find an attorney to work it out so Mom can have a place to go in case she needs to.

I understand the difficulty - so sorry that the bad NH was not helping.

Hugs,
Nina

Last edited by ninamarc; 06-22-2012 at 11:30 AM.