View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
(female)

Jennings1 HB User
Talking side effects of Savella for Fibromyalgia

Hello Everyone!
This is my first time posting anything. I was finally diagnosed Fall 2011 with Fibromyalgia and the week of Christmas was diagnosed with Lupus SLE. My meds started off with Neurontin 600mg, I was so depressed and cried constantly, I cried if my mail ran early! Then I was switched to Cymbalta and could not sleep, I stayed up all night. Then they put me on Lyrica, I thought this would be the one that works. Wrong! I swelled up like a "tick ready to pop." I gained 80 lbs. I had some bad reactions to this particular drug. I could feel "fluid" in my chest and felt as though I was smothering. That really scared me! Just a couple of days ago, my doctor put me on Savella. So far so good. I have this metallic taste in my mouth, constant nausea, and I sweat like I am in a sauna. Does anyone else have these symptoms from Savella? I am anxious to find out. I have lost weight, and of course I am not complaining about that! I am not giving up, I will stick with Savella as long as I can, especially if I can lose these extra pounds.

Last edited by Jennings1; 06-24-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: additional info