View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
(female)

Jennings1 HB User
Re: side effects of Savella for Fibromyalgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennings1 View Post
Hello Everyone!
This is my first time posting anything. I was finally diagnosed Fall 2011 with Fibromyalgia, (I have had it for 12 years and no one could tell me what was wrong with me), and the week of Christmas was diagnosed with Lupus SLE. My meds started off with Neurontin 600mg, I was so depressed and cried constantly, I cried if my mail ran early! Then I was switched to Cymbalta and could not sleep, I stayed up all night. Then they put me on Lyrica, I thought this would be the one that works. Wrong! I swelled up like a "tick ready to pop." I gained 80 lbs. I had some bad reactions to this particular drug. I could feel "fluid" in my chest and felt as though I was smothering. That really scared me! Just a couple of days ago, my doctor put me on Savella. So far so good. I have this metallic taste in my mouth, constant nausea, and I sweat like I am in a sauna. Does anyone else have these symptoms from Savella? I am anxious to find out. I have lost weight, and of course I am not complaining about that! I am not giving up, I will stick with Savella as long as I can, especially if I can lose these extra pounds.