View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
(female)

Pastafarian HB UserPastafarian HB User
Re: Insomnia advice? Can't fall asleep.

All of those things did make me feel more relaxed, but not really sleepy. It has been so long since I've had the urge to sleep, it's starting to weird me out a little bit. Every night I just my there trying to relax but I'm not really sleepy. I have only seen my PCP and a psychiatrist, no further studies or tests for this issue. I've had an unlucky couple of years with illnesses that they both wanted to say was depression or anxiety-related. When most of my anxiety came from these crappy health problems that weren't being treated properly. Maybe they do think I'm exaggerating or not being honest. But later I had tests that proved there were actual physical problems - like low blood sugar for example and mononucleosis and appendicitis. No joke. I need to wear a necklace of four-leaf clovers or something. I wonder if my psychiatrist just has that impression of me that this point. I had to laugh at your sig because that's exactly how I feel about the anxiety. I see a GI doc in two weeks and I'll test the waters to see if he thinks further treatment for my reflux will help wih sleeping. Thanks for your perspective! It helps because I really hadn't thought of it that way.

Last edited by Pastafarian; 06-25-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Spelling