View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
(female)

mselisa27 HB User
Re: H1N1 Adult survivor of ECMO

Dear H1N1 survivor

I am a 34 yr old survivor of H1N1, I was struck by the illness at work from a co-worker who's wife had it and I got it a few days later that was Nov 10th 2009. I was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance due to my low saturation levels and Dr's had no clue what was wrong with me because my lungs sounded normal, but when they did an MRI they found that my lungs we full of liquid and I had pneumonia it took them a few days to think I might have the swine flu and was immediately quarantined which was embarrassing. And then put into a drug induced coma and was intubated for 2 weeks. I was in the Hospital for a month and was given a drug that saved my live but was not approved my the FDA. when i was released I thought things were going to be back to normal but I was in for a rude awakening. I had to learn to walk and talk. Now I suffer from CFS, Fibromyalgia, respiratory issues, anxiety and panic attacks, PTSD. I can not work and am in the process of disability awaiting an answer if I qualify. I take morphine twice a day among many other drugs.This has been noting but an upward battle but at least I'm alive and have my family. Thank you for posting now I know I'm not alone.

surviving one day at a time.

The Following User Says Thank You to mselisa27 For This Useful Post:
mlacey (09-14-2012)