View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #12
(female)

Suzy0513 HB UserSuzy0513 HB UserSuzy0513 HB UserSuzy0513 HB UserSuzy0513 HB UserSuzy0513 HB User
Re: Family is falling apart

NO.

I have read the thread but too busy with a fire in my own situation to be posting regulary.

Your feeling that this is ridiculous is correct.

There is a good chance your Dad may stay in a facility setting and even if not he will not be fit to care for your Mom.

It is time for you now to assume your Power of Attorney and act on your Mom's behalf.

If that means getting her to respite care or a full time aide as an intermediate measure, whatever you think is best, now is the time you have to take action.

Call the lawyer, call the accountant, go to the banks and start with the social worker.

Your sister cannot really fight you that much because you have the POA for your Mom.

So often it take a crisis or emergency to give us the "window of opportunity" we need to step in and do what we know needs to be done.

I feel your stress and good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria215 View Post
The latest...

My dad is heading to the nursing home for "rehab". I tried to get 2 extra hours care for my mom in the afternoon while my dad is gone (I'm not sure he will ever come home). My sister said "we will have to check and see if it's in their budget". So - there my mom sits at home with me checking in on her and bringing her dinner and no answer from anybody concerning my mom. In the meantime, my dad is calling me up telling me that he thinks they are messing with head at the hospital and that the phones are bugged, etc. I'm supposed to have a rational discussion with this man? Also, I was the one who tried to get a social worker from the hospital involved because I told them my dad is supposed to be taking care of my mom but I haven't heard anything. I was told by my sister that because she is my dad's POA, they won't call me. Do I need to get my own social worker for my mom? This is completely ridiculous.

The Following User Says Thank You to Suzy0513 For This Useful Post:
Maria215 (07-03-2012)