View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
(male)

jallen2k10 HB User
Night terrors or just sleepwalking?

Hi all,

The past couple of nights I have stayed over at a grandparents house with some family, and we stayed in the same room. Apparently, according to my cousin, I have gotten out of bed and walked around 2 nights in a row. The first night was around 2 in the morning, and when she mentioned it last night it triggered the experience back to my mind. I remember getting up in a panic, couldn't really control what I was doing but trying to figure out where I was. Sorta like a panic attack I suppose. I ended up walking down the hallway then back to my bed, but I ended up waking up my cousin before doing so. Then again, last night (I don't remember this one) I woke up and was standing over the bed my brother was sleeping in breathing heavily, and when he woke up and asked what was wrong I kept saying I needed to find "some air" and get out of the room. After he asked if I was okay I quickly said "yeah I'm fine" and got back in bed.

The reason this is strange to me is because I used to have a history of having night terrors and sleepwalking when I was younger. I have had nightmares and such sense then, but the last terror I can remember happened my freshmen year in college while living at home, and I was 18 then (I'm 20 now). I know night terrors usually involve screaming and thrashing and such, so I am kinda torn on what I'm really experiencing! Any help on this?