View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

bee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB User
Re: I don't know how to figure the lab results out.

Nainai- though your TSH is low and might lead some to believe your levels were close to hyper, your Free T4 shows that you are hypothyroid.

It's very difficult to understand why the TSH sometimes does not correspond with low thyroid hormones. Sometimes, levels like yours indicate a problem with the hypothalamic-pituitary axis. In other words, your hypothalamus is not sensing the low hormones and stimulating the pituitary, or the pituitary is not picking up on cues from the hypothamalus to produce more TSH.

I don't know if it's common to have a problem with the HPT axis as well as the thyroid (evidenced by the MRI), perhaps someone else can share some light here.

I am unfamiliar with TSI tests but if I had to venture a guess (probably not a good idea), I would say that the TSI antibodies are suppressing the TSH and causing hypothyroidism? Hopefully one of the veterans will chime in here and add to the discussion.

The Following User Says Thank You to bee01 For This Useful Post:
nainai (06-30-2012)