View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
(male)

Raziel34 HB UserRaziel34 HB User
Unhappy Checking the door - drives me crazy!

Omg. Does anyone have any tips on how to get over checking the door for being locked. Today. I was trying so hard to not "give in" I had a panic attack and broke out in a sweat. Trying to resist created so much anxiety that I ended up giving in and then I spent over 40 minutes checking. I was headed out of town for a week and the thought of what of I forgot something (like the stove on) and the building burns down. What of someone breaks in.

This is so irrational I know! I'm a professional person and I keep this issue hidden from all my family and friends. It's embarrassing. Then I get so mad at myself because I know it's stupid. Today was the worse episode I think I've ever had. I've been really trying to figure out and try to break these cycles.

It's nice to be part of an online community like this where I can read and respond to others with the same problem. It makes me feel better to know that I'm not crazy or losing my mind. But definitely seems like the wiring up there in the head is off ....

The following user gives a hug of support to Raziel34:
Mymycherrypie (07-11-2012)