View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Zerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB User
Re: Fractued Calcaneus and Soft Tissue Damage

Typically people cannot bear weight for 12 weeks. It is best to listen to the guy with the medical degree.

Keep it elevated, really elevated, toes above the nose, or as close as you can get. You should be sleeping with it elevated too.

I didn't have alot of pain, when around 10 weeks, cause it was elevated and I wasn't doing anything with it. The pain came as I started walking and using it. In general the pain comes from use, even three years later.

Once you start bearing weight you will need to wear very comfortable shoes and thick socks. The rest of your life actually, if you don't want pain.

Your foot is probably very senisitve because it hasn't touched anything in 10 weeks. Rubbing it will help. You may need to pull back on your toes, through out the day to free them up too.

You will be doping lots by 4-5 months, but a bit of pain the first year, probably. To get as good as you will get takes 12-18 months.