View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Burning sensation in back of head

I'm in the middle of my "journey" to find a way to help my symptoms, which are very similar to yours! I'm currently seeing an upper cervical chiropractor since I am misaligned (and it sounded like a more suitable option than a regular chiropractor), but it's still too early too tell if it will help. I'm not sure about you or myself, but it sounds like there are a lot of people out there with these issues that are struggling to find what's wrong. I really wish there were an easy answer. Makes me wonder if it's a combination of many things. I do have a lot of knots at the base of my skull/top of neck and it's always tender. It's like some kind of underlying neck issue/weakness has the neck and muscles that attach to the head very tense and overloaded, causing the burning and various other issues. I also do get nauseous a lot, but thankfully it hasn't been too bad the past few weeks.

I agree with Tingles that you may want to look into a doctor that is willing to work with you and try different things that could help. It's been a challenge for me, but my new doctors are trying different approaches that could help me. I seem to be pretty healthy with no obvious issues, so it might end up being a lot of lifestyle changes. It's very frustrating, so I feel for you! I hope you can find relief soon. Keep us posted!