View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
(female)

chaosmom HB User
Need help relationship issues!

Howdy! This is my first post here so please bare with me. I will also try to focus but I do have ADD.

I have been married for 3 years. Right now things are at a all time low. Actually to the point that we barely speak. I have had ADD all my life, although I wasn't dx until I was 20. I started meds back then, until I became pregnant and then decided I really didn't need them. Which wasn't the case but made sense to me. I have had to many jobs to count, tried to go back to school...just totally messed up many things.

My husband just thinks I am lazy and stupid. It's not that I want to forget things or I don't want to not finish the 10 projects I start.

Well when things started slipping when I became a stay at home mom 18 months ago. He thinks I should have a daily routine and structured environment...and be on time. I try I make endless lists, I try to make charts....I just couldn't seem to get it done.

Is decided 2 months ago to try meds again. I started on Ritalin...it is okay...not a lot of difference, except a few things. However it makes me tired and sometimes irritable. The doctor increased me to 30mg 3 times a day last week....the tiredness is gone...but now as it starts wearing off I get horrible headaches? Is this normal?

I see the doctor again next week and I am wondering if I should switch to adderall? I can't do the xr yet because I dont have insurance untill August.

Our 2 biggest problems that are really hurting us are
1...I have no sex drive at all. This is not something new with the med it has been like this for over 6 months.
2...he belittles me...treats me like I am stupid. It drives me nuts! I am actually gifted and very smart...just forgetful with little motivation unless it intrigues me.

Anybody know how to fix this?

I love my husband, I don't want things to get any worse than they are. However I am so stressed out all the time that I think my only fix is divorce.

Thanks so much!