View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
(female)

DiamondEyes2230 HB UserDiamondEyes2230 HB User
Re: Tonsil stones/bad breath/tongue coating

Hi there. I know EXACTLY what you are going through. I am 25 and have had bad breath for 4 years now, and it's been HELL. For the longest time I thought it was my teeth or gums, because I had cavities. Well after getting the cavities filled and getting a couple of bad teeth pulled, the odor still remained. So of course I became even more frustrated and depressed over it. Just a couple months ago I was doing some research online about bad breath and came across someone who mentioned how they had horrible breath for awhile and went to their ENT. Long story short she was told she had chronic cryptic tonsillitis, she needed her tonsils out. Got them out, and POOF, no more bad breath. SOo I went and scheduled an appointment with an ENT last week, I explained my symptoms to her (bad breath, bad taste, sore throats on and off, white chunks that get stuk in my tonsils). She diagnosed me with chronic cryptic tonsillitis..and that I would need a tonsilectomy to get rid of all these symptoms. As nervous as I am to have this surgery, I'm also super excited, because this may be THE END of my bad breath! My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning, and will let you know how it goes, and hopefully will come back with some good news. Have you not scheduled an appointment with an ENT?