View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 02:35 AM   #3
(female)

Lunara HB User
Re: Tonsil stones/bad breath/tongue coating

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondEyes2230 View Post
Hi there. I know EXACTLY what you are going through. I am 25 and have had bad breath for 4 years now, and it's been HELL. For the longest time I thought it was my teeth or gums, because I had cavities. Well after getting the cavities filled and getting a couple of bad teeth pulled, the odor still remained. So of course I became even more frustrated and depressed over it. Just a couple months ago I was doing some research online about bad breath and came across someone who mentioned how they had horrible breath for awhile and went to their ENT. Long story short she was told she had chronic cryptic tonsillitis, she needed her tonsils out. Got them out, and POOF, no more bad breath. SOo I went and scheduled an appointment with an ENT last week, I explained my symptoms to her (bad breath, bad taste, sore throats on and off, white chunks that get stuk in my tonsils). She diagnosed me with chronic cryptic tonsillitis..and that I would need a tonsilectomy to get rid of all these symptoms. As nervous as I am to have this surgery, I'm also super excited, because this may be THE END of my bad breath! My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning, and will let you know how it goes, and hopefully will come back with some good news. Have you not scheduled an appointment with an ENT?
Hi DiamondEyes,

That's funny, I'll be 25 next month! I did see an ENT over a year ago and he said the same thing: I have cryptic tonsils that need to be removed. At the time I didn't have insurance so I couldn't afford the surgery, and in the meantime I was hoping to find some other reason for the odor and mucus layer on my tongue. Do you have that too? I am thinking of scheduling an appointment for another evaluation with a different ENT since I now have insurance and could go through with the surgery if I need to. I was waiting for some replies from this thread first, though, to be honest! Haha. I also have an upcoming allergy appointment to find out if a lot of this mucus and PND is from allergies. The breath is my main complaint...it's just constant, and no amount of brushing/flossing/mouthwash does ANYTHING. And if I eat something stinky (like onions) I have chronic onion breath for, I swear, an entire week. It's like the odors stick to my tonsils/stones and just don't go away for a long time. I can never eat onions! It's horrible, because I like onions...lol.

Anyway, enough of my rambling...I'm excited for your surgery, good luck and let me know how it goes!