View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: Could I have lung disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Hiya, well its good to hear that you may be sorted for the pain.

Well i dont use ecigs brand, but somthing is better than nothing and nothing is better than smoking for sure.

If you have lung disease your oxygen will drop whilst your a sleep, thats why people are required to sleep with O2 at night. The reason being is that you put extra strain on the heart to pump o2 around your body and other organs whicg are O2 dependant slowly fail over time.
I take medication about 4 or 5 times a month for my chronic pain, only when it is really bad. NSAID's tear my stomach up so I can't take them everyday.

Oh okay,, I didn't know that.. I was diagnosed with upper respiratory syndrome. I have trouble breathing, it slows down too much, and my oxygen drops.. But no apnea. However, one nurse told me this was normal for someone. So I don't know what to believe. It's only bad in REM sleep, I used a CPAP machine for awhile but couldn't tolerate it. I gasp for breath while I am awake as well, but only when I'm relaxed.

I had troubles the past couple of years with surgeries. I don't know if it's the medications or my lungs. One of them, I woke up in recovery, and my oxygen kept staying down in the 80's, she said I had PVC's the entire time of the surgery, major amount of them. I'd wake up, go back to sleep, and stop breathing, had abnormal arrythmia's with another surgery.

Well I hope there isn't anything wrong & I will ask my dr to check it out though. Someone who smokes should have their lungs looked at every so often anyways and he's honestly failed to do this..