View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
(female)

DiamondEyes2230 HB UserDiamondEyes2230 HB User
Re: Tonsil stones/bad breath/tongue coating

Thanks! The pain after surgery yesturday and today is a 7 on a scale of 1-10 and that's without meds..the liquid lortab is my best friend right now. I only had my tonsils out, when you're an adult your adenoids atrophy/shrink so they shouldn't cause problems. Usually ENT's will take out either one or the other unless absolutely necessary. She used the coblation method which is the safest and least painful technique, and healing is faster. My insurance covered the surgery, I'm on Medicaid..had I paid out of pocket it would have cost me over $3,000 and I do not have that kind of money. I'll be completely honest and say that I had to exaggerate my symptoms to my ENT. I told her that I have recurrent throat infections for the last 3 years that antibiotics didn't help, had strep a lot as a child, snoring, bad breath (obviously), and the white little chunks that get stuck in the tonsils. Really all you need to do is mention having recurrent infections such as tonsillitis and strep, like 4-5 times in the last year. I'm pretty sure they will tell you that you need your tonsils out in order to rid your symptoms. Insurance should cover it if it's for constant infection in the tonsils, it can become life threatening if they don't come out. My little sister almost died because she had a bad acute tonsilitis infection In her tonsils, came out of nowhere, and her airway was completely closed off..emergency surgery was needed to get her tonsils out. You like me have cryptic tonsils and that over time can become life threatening. Seriously say what you have to say in order to get your ENT to say you need a tonsilectomy.