Thread: Fixing sleep?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: Fixing sleep?

My sleep patterns were all screwed up for a long long time. I'm sure many factors came into play. The toll lack of sleep takes on you both physically and mentally is amazing. With FM its hard enough to keep a straight thought, add lack of sleep and it's babbling idiot time lol.
Many of the OTC stuff for sleep isn't horribly expensive and worth every cent if it works.

Things that help sleep are melatonin, benedryl- the generic is pretty cheap , Magnesium just before bedtime helps with muscle regeneration. Things you can do to help are to Create a relaxing atmosphere at least an hour before you want to go to sleep. Either quiet or relaxing soft music. Maybe even some relaxing meditation. Cut back on sugar and caffeine intake all day, not just at night. Limit coffee drinking if you drink it to just mornings and cut out pop/soda completely. If you are a pop drinker, the savings from that alone would pay for sleep aids.

For the past few years I take my tramadol an hour before going to bed followed by flexeril just as I head to bed, it keeps the pain and spasms to a level which allows me to sleep without waking up several times during the night.

Sure hope you can find a way to get some needed beneficial rest, it's so important to us with FM