Thread: Seeking Advice
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Seeking Advice

I think at first I would just ask in an interested way how her time at clinic went and how she is feeling now. I would plan something fun to do together and if that includes eating, just observe what she does without comment. I would play it low key, interested and supportive but not hovering, pushy, coaxing or talking about it all the time. Just try to treat her like a normal friend, and see what changes you observe. It is perhaps best the first time she eats out to eat in your home, or a small private setting where she won't feel "on display" or self concious. Perhaps just appetizers or something small, not a place that serves huge portions where she might feel overwhelmed, turned off, and sick to see too much food on her plate. If she has gained some weight, you might offer to go shopping with her for a new outfit. That would be fun and rewarding for her new self image.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
Milkwrapper (07-08-2012)