View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #6
(female)

momAJ HB User
Re: Recurring fevers, possibly started with strep

I jinxed it. He did get sick but it was 33 days from the last time.

Since I have been writing it down, the most he's ever gone between fevers was 21 days until now. The fever lasted roughly 3 days - a bit longer than last time.

I wonder if the other toothpaste - Kiss My face brand - had anything to do with fever reduction in the number of days. That one has Xylitol but also Tea Tree Oil. Tea tree oil is a pretty nasty naturally occurring substance that kills bacteria and fungus. He never swallowed this toothpaste. I also tried it, and there was no way I could bring myself to swallow it - I even gagged a few times - not that it tasted bad in any way. It's very minty. I'm a bit afraid of it because of one bad review on Amazon - someone reported that it was just awful and I bet they had a quality control issue with the Tea Tree oil.

We started him on the holistic dr's supplements when the fever started and he has been on that daily. Burdock intrinsic and echina intrinsic (along with the other unrelated stuff.)

To add to the mix, my husband thinks the lengthening in time may have to do with putting hydro-cortisone on his rash. He says that hydrocortisone is a steroid and steroids suppress the immune system. The application is topical so I question that. We did use it extensively (2 weeks) at one point- then it went away for about 6 months. I don't recall the timeframe. Now we use it fairly randomly. It's 5% I believe (prescription strength).

His next fever is due in 4 days (20 days from last.) We'll see what happens.

Last edited by momAJ; 07-09-2012 at 06:54 AM.