View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Need LLMD in Upstate NY, near Oswego

It is not totally proven, but there have been testing done on sperm and the bacteria has been found in it. Also I have talked to a few couples on this board and other places that they feel one has passed it to the other and they keep passing it back and forth.
It is said the the Borrelia Burgdoferi bacteria is in the syphilis family. And is harder to eradicate than syphilis.

You want to contact Igenex Lab, in Palo Alto Ca. You can find them from where you are sitting. And request a test kit. You can talk with someone and ask exactly what you should be tested for. There are over 300 strains, of the bacteria. So it does help if you let them know where you live, and places you have visited.
You might want to be tested for co-infections such as Babesia, Bartonella, Erichilosis, Mycoplasma Pnumoniae, Chlamydia Pnumoniae, and viruses such as Epstein Barr, Cytomeglovirus. There are other things that you could be tested for, so one of the big reasons to see a LLMD. They go mainly on clinical symptoms and not solely on a lyme test.

There is a documentary that you can either order or you can watch it on Netflix or Hulu. Called "Under Our Skin". It might help you understand a little bit of the political controversary surrounding Lyme and all of this mess.

There is also a book you might want to read, Lab 257, it is about the happenings on Plum Island.
That will help you understand some of it too.

Not many Lyme docs out there. They are constantly being harrased for long term antibiotics.
You'll understand more as you get further into finding help and reading.

I wish you luck on finding the right treatment for what ever ailes you and your son.

I am glad to hear your doctor is on board with all of this. Many aren't. Remember NO infectious disease docs. Many are not lyme literate and will only delay the treatment you need. (If you have lyme).

Jodie