View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User
Smile Re: Should I let my bf go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oompah View Post
To preface, I am 22 and have fibroids among other things. Some days I feel alright, but other days I am practically bed-ridden. Even things such as getting dressed is difficult. I have the most amazing bf and he's always been there for me. He always helps me with whatever I need, everything from helping me get dressed, to shower to hygiene needs (sorry if TMI) and I have appreciated all of it, and he has not complained once.

But I just feel absolutely terrible. He shouldn't be having to deal with this at all. I'm on some meds and changed my diet to help but it hasn't done much good. I feel that it's wrong of me to keep him knowing that he has to do all this. I love him so much and he says he doesn't mind but I sometimes feel I should let him go to meet another woman that is in much better health and can go do things with him that normal gfs do with their bfs

I just feel so gross and nasty and don't feel like I deserve him.
You are so young to have to go through so much pain. I suffer from
pain on a daily basis so I can relate. I just hate to see someone so young go through this. I think Sera is absolutely right. I think your boyfriend is there because he wants to be. I think you should just be happy and thankful (I'm sure you are!) that he's there for you. Don't stress about if you think you are being a burden, that only makes matters worse. Sounds like you've got a great guy, so I wouldn't go throwing him away!
Also, back to the pain issue, maybe try a pain management program. They have so many different options to treat pain, not just necessarily pills, maybe something could help to make things more manageable? Good luck!!