View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: What is it about heat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmbabies3 View Post
Thank you for your answer. That helps.

So the scar tissue/lesions would have affected your hypothalamus for this to be an issue then? And that SHOULD have shown up on my brain MRI with contrast. In a perfect world anyway where there are no unanswered questions.

My symptoms def fall more into the category of just a complete draining of energy in higher temps rather than being unable to regulate my body temp. So that would be more likely to fit into other dx as well. Hmmm, just gathering info for my upcoming appts. Thank you.
It really is impossible to be able to identify what is causing your problem. I would not necessarily identify your hypothalamus because it really depends on your "wiring". When scar tissue covers your nerve fiber the result can be in-perceivable or it can be as drastic as a complete blockage of the electric signals.

Because your heat problems can be attributable to MS as well as many other problems your diagnosis actually is narrowed a bit. One of the difficulties in diagnosing MS is the symptom overlap. That said, however, your heat intolerance would help narrow the 400 disease/disorder possibilities. Make sure that heat intolerance is made known to the neurologist.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><