Thread: hey all.
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
(male)

rsdankle HB User
hey all.

Hey all just found the site and figured I would introduce myself. My name is Jason and I am from St.Augustine FL. All my problems started with a 18 foot fall at work I landed on one foot and completly crushed my ankle and dislocated it pretty bad. The hospital reset it and sent me home my foot ended up sitting out of place for 6 days before surgery which caused all sorts of damage. Over a 2 year period I had 7 different surgeries and over 200 PT visits all the while I would complain of severe pain and bruising,burning,and extreme sensitivity no one would tell me what was wrong I would sometimes be told to stop being a baby by the orthos PA. I then started seeing a new ortho and he was going to do a preop when he touched my foot I slappeed his hand away he called in the inhouse PM DR. And she diagnosed RSD just by looking at it and couldn't believe the others had just over looked it. She staryed treatment with 150mg of lyrica daily and 25mg of topamax along with 25mg oxycontin and 10mg percocet for breakthrough pain. This would help along with her freezing a couple nerves. After 3 years since my original accident someone runs a redlight and plows the passenger side of the car where I was sitting and completly smashed the rest of my leg. After more surgeries and a bunch of metal being added I now have RSD all the way up mid thigh. I am now on duragesic patches 50mcg and we are trying to find something for breakthrough pain he just perscribed 10mg methadone 3xdaily for 2weeks to try. I have never abused or taken anything I wasn't supposed to does anyone have any suggestions on something for break through pain? Is methadone a good one to use? I always relate it to something they give addicts to get off of heroin or other opiates at the clinic.