Thread: Newly Diagnosed
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Newly Diagnosed

Yes, the stigma is what gets me too! It is just a shame how people are quick to judge or assume without knowing the details. A lot of people do not realize that cold sores on the lips is herpes, or that an estimated 80% of people that have genital herpes do not know it. It all comes down to the fact that it is on the genitals that makes it a big hoo-rah lol ( I know it is not funny but I have had this since 2000 so I giggle at it).

Also, when you think about it chicken pox is another strand of herpes and it stays in your system and later outbreaks are called shingles.. so I guess knowledge is power so to speak.

When you decide to start dating again and tell someone it helps to be knowledgeable on the virus and also, not to make it sound like the worse thing in the world. The way that you convey it is how it is going to be taken.

Just trying to give ya some tidbits