Thread: EBV and CMV
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
(female)

matti609 HB User
EBV and CMV

Hi I was diagnosed with EBV when i was 16 and now im 40. I had several active bouts with EBV over the years but this past october it was active for the first time in 4 years i went to my doctor and he confirmed it was active through blood work, again in april i started feeling lousy, moderate fatigue low grade temp around 99.7 swollen lymphnodes body aches and pains I have never had active bouts of EBV so close together and this time it doesnt want to get better but this time dr told me i also have CMV which showed to also be active unfortunately my dr tells me nothing can be done and i have to learn to live with it Its very frustrating. I just had part of my thyroid removed because of a large solid nodule Im hoping that was part of the cause eventhough my general dr as well as my surgeon and my endo all said my thyroid is functioning normal. I am already eating a healthier diet i take vitamin B12 and 2000 units of vitamin D each day I excercise when i have the energy any other ideas on how to beat this so i can feel better and stay better