View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
(female)

louise 2 HB User
Re: My partner has BPD

Hi we have been together 10 years I thought I was strong enough to fix everything people would tell me how much better he is since he met me but living together did not work for us .Before we moved in together we both had separate lives but connected lives we were both devoted to the relationship and enjoyed being together when we were . Their was times he was low problems with work his family ect but having my own life I had the energy to be totally supportive. We moved in together got married had the most beautiful emotional wedding day of our lives he became step dad to my kids and tried to take on the role of husband,dad and what is perceived by everyone else as the norm. We became one of his problems to deal with even thou he loves us dearly as he has said he cant and deal or read issues with things the same as us. My children struggled with his mood swings I took them personally . He needs to feel he is coping and we love him as him sadly he needs his on space to cope with the reassurance that my love for him is limitless it doesn't matter that people see your relationship as strange it has to be what works best for you. You both need to see the right doctor and support my husband is on lithium now after trying lots of others it works for him and he has monthly blood tests to see it is at the right level I know this doesn't sound like happy ever after and havin someone there 24/7 but you have to decide what is the path for you and you need to put yourself and your family first.

Last edited by louise 2; 07-19-2012 at 03:34 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to louise 2 For This Useful Post:
confusedlostone (07-20-2012)