View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
(female)

suebob30 HB Usersuebob30 HB User
Unhappy surgery again for osteochandral defect!

Hello everyone, i have posted in recent months and thought i would post an update. As i said in earlier posts I had an osteochandral defect in my ankle surgically removed may of 2011. Well needless to say the problems came back. After seeing several drs and being refered to another podiatrist, i have had another mri and the hole that was left after drilling is actually getting bigger. So, now they want to do surgery again. The dr actually said he wants to try to drill but in case the hole is to big he wants to have cadaver bone there to "plug" the hole. My biggest concern is the time of nwb after surgery. After my arthroscopy last year the dr had me walking 2 days out and the new dr said that it was way to soon. He said i should have been nwb for at least 4-6 weeks. And with this next surgery he is assuming nwb at least 8 weeks depending on what he will have to do once he gets in surgery. Can anybody give me advice at what to expect? I'm a little nervous about another surgery too. It didn't work the first time so what says it will a second time? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!