View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User
Should I talk to my doctor about fibro?

On and off I've wondered if I might have fibromyalgia. If I do, it's a very mild case. I'm VERY sensitive to chemicals and medications - I can't take a lot of things because of side-effects. I can't handle stress. I suffer from anxiety and periodic depression. My balance is pretty poor and I always have bruises from running into things, but that's also because I'm partly blind in one eye so my peripheral vision is lousy. Over the years I've had a lot of problems with tendonitis and muscle injuries. Nothing really serious, but I seem to strain things incredibly easily and it takes a long time to recover.

I need at LEAST 8 hours of sleep a night, plus a nap a lot of days. When I don't get enough sleep, I have a lot of pain. The less sleep I get, the more my arms/legs/joints ache, and the harder it is for me to rest and recover. The last few weeks I've been sleeping very poorly and waking up many times a night, and I'm in a lot of pain. I try not to take pills (I can't take aleve or ibuprofen any more because I became sensitive to both of them) but I had to take tylenol last night to get the aching down to a sleepable level. I woke up at 6 and got up for an hour, then went back to bed for another two hours and I still hurt. Today my wrists, forearms, elbows, shoulders, knees, calves and ankles are all aching at once.

This year my health took a six-month nosedive, and when I look back, it's all related to trying to push myself too hard. For a few months I was trying to meet commitments outside the house 5 days a week. I can NOT do that. Every single time I've pushed myself too hard for a single event, I come down sick immediately after. Then I'd get somewhat better and try to go back to what I was doing, and get sick again. In the last six months, I've been housebound for three of them and struggling for another two. The only reason I recovered was because I resolved to stay home for as long as it took and I spent a whole MONTH at home resting and not trying to do anything that seemed like it might be too much. They've checked for asthma and heart problems (because I was having major shortness of breath, exhaustion, repeated respiratory illness and breathing difficulties) and I'm fine. They've looked for anemia etc and I'm fine. Every time I have a test for something, it seems to come out normal. I'm starting to feel like I'm just wasting everyone's time...