Thread: Ana 1:2560
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
(female)

marielinn HB User
Re: Ana 1:2560

I'm sorry for what you've been going through! And it sounds like it's been going on for a long time! You have a high titer ANA (higher even than me), and from what I've read, anticentromere antibodies tend to correlate with high ANA titers. Anticentromere antibodies are rare outside of CREST/limited cutaneous systemic sclerosis, but can be seen in some other conditions (including Sjogren's and primary biliary cirrhosis, and probably some others too).

RNP is typically associated with mixed connective tissue dz or lupus, and SSA typically with Sjogren's. However, if your only symptoms are fatigue and pain, you may be diagnosed with an overlap syndrome or undifferentiated connective tissue disease. You actually sound a lot like me - I have ANA 1:1280 (which is really high), anticentromere antibodies, and Hashimoto's thyroiditis! But minimal symptoms. And hopefully will never develop any

I hope you're seeing a rheumatologist - if you're not, you NEED to establish with one. Anyone with an ANA that high and with anticentromere antibodies needs to be followed closely. Good luck, and I hope you feel better!!