View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #5
(male)

bjjranger HB User
Re: Subacute thyroiditis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer1 View Post
(1) Did you have the painless (silent) or painful thyroiditis? Or, did it come from pregnancy?
I'm a male so no..not from pregnancy.
It's painful when it's hyper, but when i'm hypo the pain is more and the right side of my neck swells larger and my front should to chest bone sticks out much further then my left side. It also starts to get feel like i have a stiff neck all the time, i get back shoulder and chest pains.

Quote:
(2) Have you ever tested positive for antibodies, whether they be TPO or AG?
I have never been sent to get tested for anti bodies

Quote:
(3) Do you have any family history of thyroid issues?
Yea my mother has it, my aunt grandma etc etc

Quote:
(4) Are you not completely miserable? I am sure this gets better over time, but I cannot imagine going through the thyroiditis four times!? Hasn't this affected your life in an awful way?
I am miserable! I haven't known what it's like to be normal since 2002. It's hard to keep a job or sometimes even function. Every time i explain this condition people ask if im making this stuff up. Every episode is a roller coaster. Once i am better i feel great confident and i can play sports, go biking and not eat 5 times a day cause i'm dropping weight so fast. First time i had soo much anxiety, now i know the symptoms and i can take the beating during the hyper phase. The hypo gets to me, more sad and lack of thinking kills me because i'm an engineer and problem solving is a daily activity!

Quote:
(5) What is your TSH, Ft3, Ft4 and their ranges when you are optimal? I guess, when you are not in the midst of the thyroiditis you do not take any thyroid hormone, is that correct?
The first time i was hyper, i become hypo as mentioned by my doctor. Once i became hypo after 6 months he put me on synthroid. After 3-4 months on synthroid i became hyper again...and had to come off it.

Last edited by bjjranger; 07-22-2012 at 06:51 PM.