View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
(female)

Gennel HB UserGennel HB User
Please help!! Husband horribly sick for 3+ months and no diagnoses!!!

I just joined in the hopes that someone could offer advice. My husband has been sick for 3 months and he's only getting worse. Let me explain his symptoms and what his labwork shows.

He had Coxsackie virus. Had high fevers around 103.0 for about a month,fatigue
Swollen& painful neck lymphnodes. His white blood count was low at 2.9
His WBC was rechecked today and they are still low 3 months later. Doctor says its no longer Coxsackie and some things found in bloodtest suggest an immune disease. We thought lupus since he is at risk for it but doctor said nope ,lupus won't give you fevers for 3 months.
Symptoms he has:

Fevers everyday or every other day 100-102.4

Fatigue

All over joint pain

Chills

Night sweats

Sometimes nausea

Weightloss 20+ lbs

He was sent to an oncologist and today that doctor discovered a very swollen and painful lymph node in left collar bone. He was about to order a biopsy but is going to wait for a gallium scan result. This would show any abnormality in lymph nodes. The only thing they had t
Him on was 10 mg Prednisone which he was taken off like 2 wks ago.
They are doing another catscan since this doctor feels that prednisone may have
Caused swelling to temporarily go down and not show up in catscans
we have tons of prayers for him and have faith that god will guide us with what is wrong . I'm sorry if I'm babbling but I've done plenty research online and the collarbone lymph node worries me the most.

Any ideas,advice???

Gennel
They did an ANA TEST WHICH was positive, cd3 cd4 which showed a possible immune disease, I'm honestly afraid and he is terrified
( he is having new symptoms for about a week now, his vision has become blurry. He would use magnified glasses 1.75% magnification to read but now in the past 4 days or so he says has to use them 24/7. We FaceTime our daughter on our iPad and he was seeing her face blurry so he had to put his glasses on!
Plus today he had to return to work after missing a month but his health is getting MUCH worse, his feet are swollen and his shoes were really tight. I pressed on his feet but it does not leave indentation. It's like tough

Also another thing is I THINK he may have Raynaud? His fingers become pale and super cold, his toes become very pale as well and he had some toes spasm really bad a few days ago.

He had a Galium scan done and results are in, hopefully we get some kind of diagnoses because he is getting worse daily. He went from 210-215 now weighing 185 lbs in 3 months.
He always feels clammy all over and is always sweaty

Last edited by Gennel; 07-23-2012 at 08:36 AM.