View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #34
(female)

josana HB Userjosana HB User
Re: crps 1 or 2 or both

The triple phase bone scan .....ah yes I remember this well. My 1st one the Dr used to say that there is nothing wrong with me. This was very early on 3 mths into injury. I was told we are going to do this to see how the muscles and bones are looking and if there is any muscle wasting. Of course it was negative. I am sent back to work with no restrictions. Moving on now to the 8th mth when I get my first IME with my choice of Dr. The IME dr says CRPS....I have never heard of this in my life. I go back to the original Dr and he says yes CRPS lets get another bone scan...well now I have educated myself and have an understanding of the monster disease I am dealing with. 2nd bone scan comes back negative as well.....so I bring the Dr. info off the internet from CRPS foundation web site and present myself as "a bone scan can not be used to determine if you have CRPS, it is only 50% accurate and if it were a positive result you would be reporting to WC that just because the results of scan are positve does not mean she has CRPS because scans are only 50% accurate.....SO SiNCE THE RESULTS ARE NEGATIVE IT ALSO APPLIES AND IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT I DON'T HAVE CRPS. This approach worked very well....Hope it will help you as well, Dr. tells you to educated yourself and when you do they have no leg to stand on..they must help you. Good Luck