View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
(male)

xrayvison HB User
Unhappy Oral Complications. PLEASE HELP. I am desperate for advice.

Ok so this is the deal. I am a 22 year old male with hpv, the kind that causes genital warts. I have never really had any problems with the warts besides my initial out break which wasn't even that bad. I have had HPV for 2 and a half years. One day i was just looking in my mouth to notice that I have all these bumps at the base of my tounge and going down into my throat. I don't really have any kind of pain but often find my self coughing to try and clear my throat, kind of like if I had a real mild case of bronchitis. I am not weezing and have mild to no throat pain. I don't have any hoarsness or trouble with speech or breathing. I also seem to get a dry mouth and throat easy, especially when i sleep and sometimes the tip of my tounge feels dry. Idk if i burned it but i can't recall doing so. When I brush my teeth I also scrub my tounge and rinse with mouth wash. When i use the mouth wash (Listeriene) I tend to get some green gunk when i spit it out, and it turns my tounge a bit blue green for a little bit and the linning of my cheeks to turn whitish/grey. Idk if thats normal but I am so freaked out all i want to do is cry. I have had 3 physicians so far look at this. The first being a Nurse Practitioner. She sad It looked normal. Secondly I had the dermatologist look and he said He thought it was normal, and went on to say the webbing of my mouth was just a bit bigger in growth than others. Then today my dentist. I asked her to look into my mouth and give me an oral cancer screening. She didn't do anything but look at my mouth with a mirror. She says everything looks normal except seemed a bit puzzled by the bumps on the back of my tounge/throat. She basically made it seem like she had never seen anything like that and described it as a cobblestone apperance. And reffered me somewhere else. I scheduled an appointment with an ENT but can't get in till next wednesday. When I brush my teeth I also scrub my tounge and rinse with mouth wash. When i use the mouth wash (Listeriene) I tend to get some green gunk when i spit it out, and it turns my tounge a bit blue green for a little bit and the linning of my cheeks to turn whitish/grey. Idk if thats normal but I am so freaked out all i want to do is cry. It seems like I notice something new in my mouth everyday. I honestly I am heartbroken and depressed over the this issue. I am even scared to make out with my girlfriend.I am freaked out bad. I am scared to death I have oral cancer, oral warts, or even RRP. Whatever it is definately doesn't look normal. Please help me figure out what this could be. I am not asking to be diagnosed but just any advice or anything. I am so lost.

The following user gives a hug of support to xrayvison:
Serenityisbliss (07-29-2012)