View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
(male)

deadendstreet HB User
Been diagnosed with severe acid reflux...

So after about 6 weeks of going to the Dr and undergoing several tests, I've officially been diagnosed with Severe Acid Reflux.

About six weeks ago when I first started having problems, the dr. put me on Prilosec OTC. That helped with all of the symptoms except the nausea. So this week I go in for an Upper GI and that's when the dr. said I have severe acid reflux.

She then gave me a prescription for Nexium. So I started taking it yesterday and today I wake up burping and feeling even more nauseous. So I'm just curious of a few things.

1. How long does it usually take for Nexium to start working.

2. For awhile, I was drinking Ginger Tea to help with nausea and seem to help. Is it OK to start drinking it again? I'm just afraid of hiding symptoms.

3. What else can I do? I'm in pretty good shape. I'm 6'2, 185, I run/walk two miles every night. Anything else?

I'm trying to eat better and avoid trigger foods. Here's an example of what I eat. Is there anything I should take out?

Whole-grain waffle with peanut butter.
banana
apple
peanut butter and honey sandwich
peanuts or almonds
yogurt
dinner varies

Any advice is much appreciated. I haven't really felt good in 2 months and am tired of this. I always prefer natural remedies to "drugs" but I didn't want the acid to damage anything. Thanks!