View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
(female)

LPD HB UserLPD HB User
Re: New labs, 6 weeks after adding Cytomel. Erg ....

Thank you SO much Sammy. {{{big hugs}}}

After my blood draw on Monday, (so I would be comparing apples to apples for this test) I started taking my Levo around 2 or 3am (early morning / late night tinkle) so I could have my coffee when I got up at 4 or 5am.

Because of everyone's amazing advice here, when I started the Cytomel, I slowly titrated up ... starting at 1/2 for about a week, then 3/4th, and then the full 12.5mcg's about 2 weeks into it. I really didn't feel anything even remotely hypER.

Please forgive me for asking so many pesky newbie questions ... but (for when I talk with the Endo tomorrow morning) would you suggest I request an increase to 75 or 100mcg's of Levo, and (maybe) 25 of Cytomel? (where I'd slowly increase the doses over a few weeks) With the FT3 at 1% of the range, and the FT4 at 30%, I've got miles to go before I'm even anywhere near 50%, right?

Somewhere in my fog-horn brain, I think I recall a 1 to 4 ratio of T3 to T4, right? So that would be 25mcg T3 to 100mcg of T4??? Gosh, I know I need to go slow to win the race, but right now I feel like I'm in reverse.

And yes, now that I have the benefit of your and everyone's knowledge, I hope I sound semi-intelligent when I talk with the Doc in the morning. Wish me luck!

Lin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy64 View Post
And, now that you have some information about standard treatment protocol, I hope you can use that for a meaningful conversation with the endo.