View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #7
(female)

LPD HB UserLPD HB User
Re: New labs, 6 weeks after adding Cytomel. Erg ....

Thank you again sammy. (we must have been posting at the same time!)

Yes, from earlier days, I remember your wonderful sponge analogy. (very helpful!) I guess, with the way things have been going for me, my body (sponge) has just soaked everything up, and won't release anything until there's enough to share, (?) which is why I've been feeling even worse.

With an increase in the doses ... maybe my sponge will begin to squirt out / release a smidgen of what I so desperately need? Ha, being "established guidelines" impaired, I'm just not sure what that next step / increase should be.

Big hugs,
Lin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy64 View Post

The hypothyroid body is like a dried-up sponge. Just as the sponge cannot absorb its full capacity of water with one pour, the body cannot absorb its full needs of thyroid hormone.

Yes, the meds titration process is painfully slow. However, any time I've seen a forum member have his/her dose titrated faster than appropriate, it always backfired and they had to start all over. Unfortunately, there are no shortcuts on the thyroid journey.

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. If you take the direct route with the most efficient number of steps (follow established guidelines), you will get to the end of the tunnel and become free from thyroid symptoms.