View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB User
Re: New labs, 6 weeks after adding Cytomel. Erg ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPD View Post
I was looking for a safe and fast way to wellness.
This is completely understandable and I think we all felt/feel that way.

However, if you think about how long it took for you to get where you are today, it's unrealistic to think that it will be a quick fix to restore wellness.

Even though I had partnered with a thyroid-savvy doctor by the time I went hypo, it still took 15 months for my doses/levels to be optimized.

My journey was a bit longer than usual because my levels optimized twice during the meds titration process and I was symptom-free for 3 months each time. However, my levels eventually dropped so, I needed dose adjustments until my levels finally stabilized on the same doses.

I will not deny that it seems the longer a person was hypo, the longer it takes for them to feel better.....and, it's not uncommon for the person to have trouble adjusting to new doses.

These are just more reasons why the slow and steady approach is the best.

It was beat into my head by my first-ever thyroid forum and I've seen it played out (and not played out) for the past 5+ years on multiple thyroid forums.

I can't picture my advice ever changing on that one.