View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: How to force myself to like exercising

Think smaller. It sounds like you aren't ready for jogging, fitness-wise, and no one really physically enjoys the end of a brutally demanding workout when soaked with sweat. (The feeling of accomplishment is nice, though!)

I have mild fibromyalgia, though, and a gentle workout looses up muscles and eases the pain. I definitely enjoy that part of it.

As for the rest... Ever drive out on the open highway, all alone, radio on, fast and free? That's what, say, bike riding or skating is like, once you get fit enough to really get going.

Find something you reasonably enjoy that involves moving. Maybe walking someplace pretty, like your local park. Maybe ballroom dancing. Heck, cleaning the house counts. You can use music or TV to get yourself moving. You don't have to go until utterly exhausted, but try to go for at least 20 minutes of gentle activity. After a week or two, increase the intensity or time slightly.