View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB User
Re: Puzzled by my schizo thyroid results...

Welcome!

Sorry for the reason you're here but, glad you found us.

It's possible that one of your nodules is throwing off thyroid hormone and that's why your FreeT3 level is elevated and your TSH is resultingly below-range.

Please know that lab results can only be properly interpreted within the context of the reference ranges a particular lab uses. Different labs use different ranges so, it's impossible to evaluate your results without knowing the ranges.

As you noticed, I recently helped someone else with similar labs as yours. If your ranges are similar to her lab ranges, my advice to you is the same as it was to her.

Full antibody testing is most appropriate. Here are the tests you'll need:

TPOab (thyroid peroxidase antibody)
TGab (thyroglobulin antibody)
TSI (thyroid stimulating immunoglobulin)

Please make a note of everything the endo tells you and share it here. Endos are often the worst with properly diagnosing/treating thyroid disease.

And, please, do not agree to any type of permanent treatment. I'm already unhappy to hear that you've been exposed to unnecessary radiation with the uptake scan.

The scan was never able to provide conclusive information and, once antibody testing became available, the results of those tests along with a thyroid ultrasound provide much more accurate information.

Last edited by sammy64; 07-26-2012 at 08:53 AM.