View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
(female)

califmom1 HB Usercalifmom1 HB Usercalifmom1 HB User
Re: "Cliff Note" version of a shattered heel...

Hello Freedom,
Sounds like you had a major catastrophe. I am so sorry and wow do you have a real understanding of pain. First, let me welcome you (unfortunately) to the category of "heelie". These are people who have broken their heels. We are a special group. No one really understands us because they think a broken heel is like every other broken bone, but it's not. It takes WAY longer to heal and it's much more painful. You used the word "lifechanging." Well, for many heelies, this injury is lifechanging. They never walk the same again or they may have perpetual pain.

I would strongly suggest you find an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in feet and ankles and have him/her look at both of your feet. I certainly don't know what will come of it but a regular OS is really not going to do you any good; they just don't have the expertise needed. If you are near San Francisco I happen to have heard of one, a Dr. Mann. In Southern Cal, my guy is Dr. Timothy Charlton.

Good luck and God bless you in your journey.

Last edited by moderator2; 07-29-2012 at 05:20 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website for any reason