View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 05:51 AM   #1
(female)

Serenityisbliss HB User
Doctor is Completely Clueless... Could use some thoughts

So about 2 months ago my lip started to heat up, turned red and started to swell, a small white bump appeared it was just slightly to the right near the center of my lip but it was down on the skin not actually on my lip. Within about 20 minutes it had stopped and it was just a flesh colored liquid filled bump. it was very thin and popped within the hour. It burned for about 2-5 minutes. Then it all stopped. . I went to the doctor and he did a swab test for bacteria and another for viruses. was left as a little red spot and was gone within a couple days. All the Tests came back NORMAL!
The doctor gave me a referal to see a dermatologist. Since I had a baby only a couple of weeks before I didn't actually call to make the appointment because by the time I got the referal in the mail with the dermatologists number the bump was gone.

I did not get sick before or after this happened.
I didn't have swollen lymphnodes
I had no signs or symptoms of something like cold sores..

Just lastnight it all started again. It was in a slightly different spot than before. This time it was dead center like where some people get their lip pierced. It popped on it's own within a couple hours and now this morning it's just a little red spot. Just like before..

I don't know what this is...
I have 2 daughters, 22 months and almost 3 months.
I am afraid to kiss them out of fear of something like cold sores even though the doctor has told me that they are NOT cold sores or an std.

Has anyone ever had something like this before?
If so what did it turn out to be?
I want to be able to freely (without worry) kiss my 3 month olds little toes
(i know toes can't get things like that, but it's the point I'm trying to make)
The doctor was completely clueless on what it might be. Only because none of his guesses had a possitive test result.

It might be something as simple as a little hair folicle or a sweat rash (although I don't sweat that much) Myy skin has been kind of oily lately but that's mainly on my forehead and cheeks
Yes I had a baby just less than 3 months ago, so it could have something to do with hormones.. but I have never heard of this before, during or after pregnancy.
If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
I really don't want to sit and wonder what it is and I know it will be gone before I can get in to see the dermatologist.
I guess I'm just looking for some hope on what it might be.. it's better to have ideas of things that it could be rather than a doctor saying "I don't have a clue what it is"